Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a difficult post

I'm not sure where to even begin with this one...other than to say live each day to the fullest and be grateful for the time that you have with your loved ones.  This evening I received a call that I knew was inevitable, but I was not looking forward to.  My brother's father has been battling cancer for quite some time now and passed on this afternoon/evening.  My heart just aches for my brother and all that he has been through these last couple of years.  I'm certain that he has had so many thoughts and emotions that he has dealt with.  All his father wanted in the end was to be in his home.  I was so impressed with how Chad handled things.  He took off of work to take care of his father during his time of need.  What a humbling experience that must have been to help your parent who had provided so many things for you throughout your life that was no longer able to help themselves.  What an amazing experience for both Chad and Brion.  I know that those of us still in this mortal life will still struggle with this loss but we can all find comfort in knowing that Brion is no longer in pain and is in a much better place.  I am so grateful for the testimony that I have of eternal families and for the trust that I have in my Heavenly Father.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that we will all get to see Brion again. That he IS in a much better place.  That he is no longer in pain.  It always amazes me that no matter ones personal religious beliefs how important the family is to everyone.  I can only recall very few times wherein I ever stepped foot into Brion's home.  It was comforting to me this evening as I was in his home to see so many pictures of his family all around.  From Chad's baby pictures, to Kyan's baby pictures, to Lola's baby pictures, to Chad and Jenni's engagement and wedding pictures, to halloween pictures, and so many more.  Brion truly surrounded himself with those things that he loved...his family.  I pray that Chad and his family and all of those friends of Brion's may be comforted during this difficult time.  I pray that they may find the peace that they may need. I am so grateful for Jenni and for her being strong for Chad during this time.  I cannot imagine that being an easy role.  And Mr. Kyan.  I don't think that he will every truly comprehend how much of a support he was to his daddy!  I love you all so very much and truly are blessed to be a part of your family.  May we continue to rely upon one another's strength as we begin the healing process.

4 comments:

Garrett Family said...

Even though this was a difficult post, it was a great post. You couldn't have said it in more perfect words. Brion was an amazing person and Chad was so strong through all of this. It was great that he was able to give all to his dad, during his time left. It gives me a sence of peace that Brion no longer has to suffer. He will remain in our hearts forever.

Camie Walworth said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

amazing...i sobbed reading this...ur beyond rite ...he is in a better place....i knw cuz my granny is up there with him.... :) ..chad is truely a role model for his fam and anyone stuggling with the stages of loosin a parent....i admire him grately...i dont knw if i could be that strong...beautiful post...beautiful person...he will remain in everyones hearts as sue said...

Jenni said...

You are amazing with words and couldn't have said it any better. Thank you for such a beautiful post.