Thursday, October 29, 2009

Update

There is some good news that came out of the appointment today and that is that the doctor doesn't think that there is anything wrong with Mason.  He did order an MRI and some blood work to be done.  So I guess that we will see the results of that when they come in.  I did get a referral to a developmental pediatrician, which I think will be helpful as well.  I started thinking today that because he has been given the diagnosis of ADHD and they have been wanting to medicate him that perhaps they are wanting to see how he reacts to the medications before saying that there is anything else going on as well.  Who knows...  We still have our appointment with Dr. K over at Arizona's Children in the middle of December.  We will probably start him on medication, which we are a lot more comfortable with.  Not exactly excited about it but I do feel that it is time to see if medication will make his quality of life a little bit better. 

Thank you all for your support.  We really do appreciate all of the love and help we get from each of you.  Mason is such an amazing young boy and we are eternally grateful to have him in our family.  I love this little man more than words can say and I would not change him or our circumstances for anything.  So, the answer is NO, for those of you out there who have asked "don't you want to trade him in for a better model".  No I love Mason the way Mason is.  But yes, I would like to trade you in for a better model!  Ha!  People are amazing with what they will say.  Oh well.  Their loss on missing out on such a joyous little angel!

On another note we went to Lonnie's parents trunk or treat this evening and I could not have asked for better behaved children!  I am so proud of each one of them.  They use their manners so well!  Sometimes I truly wonder what I did to deserve to be entrusted with such beautiful and amazing little beings.  I love this "job" of being a mom.  What greater blessing is there out thee?  What greater reward than seeing your children happy is there?  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother! 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can not believe what people say.

Camie Walworth said...

You are amazing parents with amazing kids!!

BLY and LOU said...

How funny! I'm reading your blog after our conversation and reading everything we just talked about. You are an awesome mom... and I take credit for a tiny portion of your training;-) Your children are beautiful and motherhood is the most rewarding career on earth. Keep it up!!!