Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Saige Michael

Little Miss Saige also received the diagnosis of Autism today. Lonnie and I suspected this, but nonetheless, it is hard to hear it. So, now what? She has many problems socially, like Mason, but completely opposite of him. Mason is very energized and has a lot of behaviors. Saige is very mellow and often times is "in her own world". She does not communicate with others often. So Lonnie and I are really confused as what to do. I know that I can teach her anything, as academics is not the issue right now. However, I also know that I cannot provide a classroom setting like she would receive in a school setting if she were to be home schooled. Frankly, I am scared to death to put her in a mainstream classroom for many reasons. I'm afraid she will be the invisible child in the corner, who doesn't get noticed or helped because she is not a bother to anyone. I have issues with what children are being taught in schools. I worry about her being picked on because of her social issues. I fear that perhaps her depression will become greater. Why? Why must she go through this? Why must she have this? Will she ever be able to function "normally" and get along okay in society? I guess these are all questions that we will eventually find the answers to. But for now it is difficult. We don't want to make the wrong choice for her or others in our family. Through it all we are so grateful for the outpouring of love and support for our children and family from so many! We are truly blessed! :()

6 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

Oh how i love you!!! What an amazing family...miss saige has so much to teach you...i know you would give anything for a crystal ball (if you find one PLEASE send it my way) but always remember there is someone who knows our children perfectly and He knows their amazing potential...we're praying for you...cant wait to see you again...hopefully sooner than later!!

Jenni said...

there is a reason your children were placed in your loving care...you would and do anything in their best interest.

love little saige and especially love to watch her and lola play together. she is an amazing young lady.

and i am with camie...if you find that crystal ball, can i take a peek at it too?!

Chris and Michelle said...

Oh Rae Lynn~
I'm so sorry. That news must be so tough - I can only imagine. You have every right to have those questions. I have no answers or wisdom in this but I just know that your children are so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful and loving family.
Sending much love and prayers your way!
xoxo

Hedgecocks said...

Thanks for getting the tears flowing. I feel for you, and wish I could give you the answers you long for. Havenly Father trusted you with Precious Saige, with trust in him it will all work out. You seriously are the best mommy ever.

Courtney said...

You are such a good mom. My prayers are with your family!

BLY and LOU said...

Bless you RaeLynn and your beautiful family! You are all gaining character right now... read talk by Elder Johnson about trials... page 78 in the Ensign. And keep your chin up! Love to you all!