Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin!

So, the official countdown began yesterday. We are now officially 6 days away from adopting Mason and Michelle! I cannot believe how long this process has taken. There have been so many mixed emotions throughout our little journey. However, I must say that I would not change any of it. From the four beautiful children we had placed in our home only to have them move on and the heartache that caused...to the fasting and praying that so many participated in on our behalf for the four beautiful children we now have. I am so grateful for the challenges of having a family that me and Lonnie experienced. I know this may sound ridiculous but we have both grown in ways that I know we could not have, individually and as a couple, had we not been given this challenge. I know that our Heavenly Father is truly the Father of us all..that has become so apparent to me throughout this process. So many times, as their mother, my heart would hurt for these children, for the things that they have already experienced in their little lives, for the things that they have yet to overcome because of their past, and for the uncertainties that we have faced. I know the love that I have for these children and I cannot comprehend the amount of love that our father in heaven has for them.

I am so grateful for Mason who came to us at when he was two months old only weighing six pounds two ounces. He truly has taken a hit for the team. This little guy was so terribly drug exposed that he has many obstacles that we are still trying to overcome or better. Had he not been born drug-exposed none of his siblings would have been removed. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this little guy was sent to this earth for an amazing reason. He has such a strong spirit about him and he is so loving. With everything that this little one has gone through, there is absolutely no reason he should be here with us today! How I love you Mason!





My sweet Michelle. Where do I begin. I have never seen or been around a child or any human being, for that matter, who has such a tender heart. She has always been so kind, helpful, and truly amazing to me. I learn so much from her. She is the one that helps me keep my head on straight. I love the fact that I am blessed to have this sweet spirit in my home and to be an example to me. I love you beyond words can say and I am so grateful for you Michelle!




I feel so overwhelmed at the responsibilities that I have to be a mother to these children. I know what an amazing job this truly is. I am so eternally grateful to my father in heaven for entrusting these children to Lonnie & I. I am honored to be their mother.

I look forward to March 15th to finally make everything official. However, I cannot wait until March 22nd when we get to take these two angels to the House of our Lord and be sealed. Michelle and I drove by the Temple last night and she said, "Mommy that's a Temple...sealed?" I pray that she somewhat understands the significance of what we are going to be doing. I cannot wait to see them dressed in white and in the Temple with Lonnie and I.

I have posted some pictures of both Mason and Michelle of when we first received them to recent. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Teri said...

such sweet pictures. Hard to believe they used to be so small huh?? well congrats, it will be amazing, I am so happy for you guys. you are super mom! if not in your eyes, in Heavenly Fathers eyes for sure!!! we'll have to get together again, it was fun!

Amie said...

WOW, Raelyn! So amazing! Thanks for sharing!

TexasTwinsTwice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.