Sunday, March 16, 2008

Two down...Two to go!

Well, yesterday was part one of this wonderful adventure. Lonnie and I finally FINALLY got to adopt Mason and Michelle. We had a wonderful turn out of wonderful family and friends to support us. The hearing only lasted about 20 minutes but it sure felt good walking out of there knowing that these are our children. We can do whatever we want with them! (by this I mean we can take them out of the county without permission). I felt so at peace and just comforted all day yesterday.

I've been trying to get Michelle to learn her full name. Yesterday, of all days, she finally said "I Michelle Durham"! Okay, so it's not her full name but it is so cute! She has some type of little wanna be accent that is hillarious!

All day yesterday and today Mason has been going around the house saying "Mommy". It's almost as if these sweet children know what happened. How truly amazing they are.

Thank you all so very much for all of your love, prayers, support, tears, and just for being there for us. You will never know how eternally grateful we are!

9 comments:

Teri said...

hey well I sure do believe those children knew you were gonna be their mama before they came to earth. They just had a longer process, but they knew and are obviously so excited to have you and Lonnie just as you are blessed to have them, so are they to have you. Congrats!!!!

April said...

You two are so amazing! Think of the joy and blessings these beautiful children are recieving because of you and Lonnie. Not only do they have wonderful parents, they have the gospel now as well. Congrats to you guys! Come visit my blog anytime! leonard6life.blogspot.com. I am just getting started and am hooked!

Christine said...

Oh I'm so excited for your family! What an amazing blessing you and Ronnie have been to those angels and them to you guys. Now for Saturday's enternal blessing!!!!!!

Jaime said...

I am so excited for you guys! Saturday is going to be such a special day for your family!! You and Lonnie are wonderful parents!!

Amie said...

awww! So awesome!!

Brenna said...

Oh my goodness your kids are sooo CUTE! It is great to see your family is doing so well. You guys look so adorable!

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!

Gates & Tausha said...

is this the raelynn that went to peoria HIGH SCHOOL?! it's been a LONG TIME!! I found your blog through brenna's...and WOW...how neat to see your family and hear about the adoptions!! truly amazing...my husband mentioned fostering children the other day...if we get serious about it I know who to talk to!!! email me if you'd like to see our blog!! glad to see you're doing soo well!!! -Tausha (Stringham) Townsend taush42@aol.com

Casey Lu said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you and Lonnie that you were finally blessed to legally call them your children! I am also so very excited to hear that you were able to go to the temple and have then sealed to you!!! What an amazing blessing!!!