Monday, May 12, 2008

What a Wonderful Day!

Well, I can finally say that I have celebrated my first official Mother's Day! For once it was a wonderful day. Mother's Day has always been a very difficult day for me for several years. I know that I have friends out there who read our blog that still haven't had the opportunity to become a mother and I know how hard that truly is. Stay strong and just know that Heavenly Father loves you and wants nothing more than to make you happy. Remember that just by your being a woman you are a very special person!

Hats off to Lonnie and the children for great gift giving! I received a gift certificate for an hour Swedish massage, a facial (which I've never had before), a manicure and a pedicure! I love my husband. He is always so thoughtful and an awesome gift giver. Michelle was so sweet when she handed me the envelope. I am so blessed and honored at the opportunity that I have to be a mother to four beautiful and insipiring children. I learn so much from them and I am humbled that the Lord has entrusted them to me. I love each and every one of my children so very much!

I also got to speak with my amazing sister who is serving her mission in Paraguay. It was the first holiday that she was able to call home since she's been gone. Let's just say that 60 minutes goes by really fast. She is doing really good and learning to love and appreciate her mission.

We were able to spend the day with both Lonnie and my mother. It was really a perfect day. I am so grateful that I am a woman and as such have tremendous responsibilities, not only to my own family but to mandkind. Having gone what Lonnie and I have gone through, I truly believe that everyone can make a difference in a child's life. There are so many children out there that just need a place to call home and someone to love and love them. I am so incredibly grateful to my Heavenly Father for the time that I had to spend with each child that came into our home over the past few years and I hope that somehow I was able to teach them and to help them feel that they are loved and what love truly is.

Thank you again to Lonnie and my awesome parents! I love you all so very much! I hope that all of you women out there had a wonderful mother's day!

3 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

awesome...you deserve a rockin mom's day!!!! so neat. :) and LOVE the temple pics...what a COOL job!

Jaime said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!! You are an amazing and talented mother and I don't know how you do it!

Jesika said...

Woohoo!!! What a special mother's day it was! Your family has grown leaps over the past couple of years! How awesome! :o)