Saturday, March 6, 2010

Read on ONLY if you promise....

to not laugh! So last night I joined up with my mother and sister for a pink party for Mary Kay. When we arrived there were probably about 50 gals there and a lot of consultants. Anyhow so here we are sitting listening to this gal tell us her story on how she was introduced to the product and her story. The entire time I was thinking this is not my cup of tea. I was bored out of my mind and freezing. Anyhow they continued on with their little program and they had us do an experiment on the top of one of our hands. First we used the 3 in 1 cleanser, then the microdermabrasion, the moisturizer, and then they came around and put a small amount of foundation on the top of each hand and had us rub it in to compare both hands. Oh my gosh! I was disgusted at the top of my hand that did not receive this little treatment. Suddenly I was interested!

If you know me at all you know that I am not into makeup or all of that girly stuff. Sorry, I'm just not. However, when I looked at these women who were using these products that were older than me, I'd say in their 30's, 40's, and 50's their skin looked great! So something is working for them. I know that I have spent countless hours in the sun growing up and was not the best at protecting my skin. Long story short I figured that now is the time to do something about the damage I have done and to help prevent further damage. And hey if these products worked for several women why not me. And Mary Kay has been around forever! So, I decided that if I am going to use these great products day in and day out and spend money, you all know how cheap I am...I have no problem admitting it :), then I needed to get the best deal possible. So I signed up to be a consultant. Now I can enjoy these products, take care of my skin, get a great deal on the products, share them with you, and pass on some savings to you as well!

Yes, I know it is crazy to say that I am a consultant for Mary Kay! (REMEMBER--YOU promised not to laugh!) It sounds so girly to me... Anyhow, I will keep you posted on how well the products work for me and in the meantime if you or someone you know would like to see the demonstration that got me hooked or simply would like to order product feel free to let me know!

6 comments:

Amie said...

Good luck!! :)

Camie Walworth said...

You Rock!!

Jenni said...

why am i not surprised...

Chris and Michelle said...

I love you, Rae Lynn. You make me laugh! I may just have to order something from you sometime. :)

Teri said...

next time I see you you better be all glammed up!!! by the way can I get some winkle cream...

Courtney said...

I want to look at a catalog. I have been thibnking for quite some time I need to start taking care of my skin I am getting old:( Anyway I use to use Mary Kay when I was in high school it is great stuff!