Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Day That I Wish Never Happened

Yesterday at 5:00 am I woke up to an uneasy stomach. I vomited once and went back to bed. About 30 minutes later I felt like I was going to vomit again. Luckily, I didn't. Instead I sipped on a little bit of water and ate 2 ritz crackers. Well within 10 minutes those came up too. I had a fever and was aching and had a headache, but I couldn't take anything as I couldn't even hold water down. Once Lonnie came home he took care of the children and I was just lying around. I tried again to sip on some water and had maybe a tablespoon of Jello. Luckily, Lonnie's mom and sister were able to come over and watch the children so Lonnie could go to sleep. I think he said he went to bed at about 10:00 right after giving me a blessing. By this time I am feeling absolutely horrible and still vomiting like I have never done before in my life. At about 11:00 I went into our room and I could not control myself with all of the aches, having difficulty breathing, and just not comfortable whatsoever. After about 5 minutes my body seemed to stop. My breathing slowed way down, I all of a sudden was not achy. It was at that time that my hands were going numb, cramping up, and turning purple. This by far was the scariest moment of my life, I felt so helpless. Lonnie called 911 and they were in the process of sending out the fire department. I barely moved my left foot and I was in excruciating pain. I was freaking everybody out by how loud I was screaming. Apparently I was hyperventilating, which made my hands worse. Also, I was dehydrated to make matters worse. Well the medics came and everything checked out normal. I was able to slow down by breathing and I decided that I did not need to go by ambulance, but that Lonnie would just take me in. So we get to the hospital and I am starting to get uncomfortable again. My stomach was starting to ache and the aches and headache were back. My breathing became bad again and I was hyperventilating. My fingers and hands began to cramp up again and man did it hurt. I have never had that happen before and it is painful and freaky. After about 2 hours I finally got to see a doctor. They ran blood work and nothing came up. So they are thinking that I have some type of virus. The doctor stated that with a lot of hand washing and just being really careful it should not be contagious. I am praying that no one gets this. Today I am just feeling like I normally do when I am not feeling well. Not eating a lot but able to keep liquids and small amounts of food down, which I am so grateful for. I am just taking it easy today and will hopefully continue to get better.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

so scary rae! your mom was telling me about you this morning! i am so sorry that you aren't feeling well.

please let me know if there is anything i can do!

Amie said...

Good grief how scarY!! You poor thing! Like you don't have enough going on right now!

Hedgecocks said...

I was on the edge of my seat reading this. Poor girl! How awful! I'm glad today is better!

Elizabeth said...

That sucks. I hope that you stay well!

Teri said...

oh my gosh!! call me next seriously!! I can come by! let me know if you need anything!! or something from the store?? CALL!

Camie Walworth said...

You need to take it easy!! I think this is your body's way of saying, "HOLD YOUR HORSES!!"
-Camie

Courtney said...

My goodness what an ordeal. I hope you feel better quickly!! Your life is definitely never dull.

Chris and Michelle said...

How AWFUL and so scary! I'm so glad you seem to be getting better! Still worrisome though for sure. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help. You are definitely one busy Mama! Do your best to take it easy, girl! xoxo