Friday, August 1, 2008

A Lot to Think About

So it seems like a lot has been going on lately. So many different things that come with so many different emotions. For example...I was reading a friend's blog and it just broke my heart. She and her husband are struggling with infertility right now. I know that it takes special people to be put through such difficult and challenging trials. Irregardless, I still feel for them.

I feel so guilty even bringing this up, but tomorrow is such a joyous occasion for our little family. Saige and Gage will officially become ours! Their adoption is tomorrow afternoon! We are so excited and cannot believe that it is finally here. I remember when we got the phone call for little miss Saige. Lonnie and I were on our way home from another dreadful hearing. We were overjoyed with the decision the Judge had finally made...severance and adoption!!! On our way home as we were turning down Bullard off of Peoria, we received a phone call from the CPS case manager. She stated that they were going to be pulling the baby and wanted to know if we were interested. Of course, we said yes! She was so confused when she came, but seemed so happy. She has overcome some obstacles herself and has made some tremendous progress recently. We are so grateful to have her in our family and look forward to making it official.

"Little" Mr. Gage. He was truly a blessing we were not at all expecting. We knew from the beginning that the birth mother was pregnant. However, we also knew that this was child number 10 for her. So, needless to say nothing new. We felt that our plate was completely full and that we had come to the decision that if we were asked we would have to say no. However, we obviously got the phone call and did a lot of praying. We knew that this was another one of our children. We said yes and picked up little Gage at the hospital when he was just 3 days old. I can't believe that he'll be adopted before he's 1.

Right now I am also so concerned for my little niece. There is something going on medically that her parents are trying to figure out. I hope that they are able to find the answers that they so desperately need. I pray that we as their family may be able to support them in any way possible. We love you Chad, Jenni, Kyan and Lola!

Okay...enough for one post. Celebrate tomorrow and search for answers this week!

5 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

We couldn't be more happy for you!! Have fun tomorrow!! Congrats!

Jeanerbee said...

Congratulations you guys! That is soooo so wonderful that everything was finalized more quickly for these two. What a beautiful family you have! I wish I could be there!

Casey Lu said...

I am so glad that you Saige and Gage will finally officially be yours!!! That is such great news!!! Don't know if my sister contacted you or not but we are wondering if you will be available for Sept. 20th for her wedding!

Amie said...

congrats!!!!

Julie said...

All these thoughts are reminders that things are not in our hands. It's so great to know what we know and that everything happens for a reason. You are such an inspiration to me. I am so happy for your little ones to finally become yours. You and Lonnie are great parents. Congrats!!