Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Randoms

Okay. So it's been a while since I last posted anything. So much has happened. School has started for Michelle and Mason, which is fantastic!! I never thought that I would be one of those parents who is excited for school to start. Boy...was I wrong! This is Michelle's second year in preschool and if you ask her who her teacher is she will tell you Miss Allison. This was actually her teacher last year, but she insists that she is her teacher. This is Mason's first year in preschool. I cannot believe that he is old enough to go to school. I'm kind of weird about dates and I thought that is was interesting that his very first day of school was 3 years to the day that we received him in our home! Interesting.

I also attended a fascinating seminar on picky eaters. Any of you that know my children know that Mason only likes and/or eats about 10-15 foods. His sensory system is so sensitive. Anyhow SAARC was putting on this free seminar. It was amazing. It is incredible how much there is to learn about eating. I took pages and pages of notes and I am so excited to implement some of the ideas. Hopefully some of them will work. The Dr. that gave the seminar is from Colorado. She has a full service clinic up there. Depending on how things go...we may have to take him up there. Hopefully not though. We are still waiting to get into a nutritionist. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

This Saturday, as many of you know, is another very special day for our family. Saige and Gage will be sealed to us! I am so excited! Another interesting thing about the date is that this will be the day that Gage turns nine months. Saige looks absolutely angelic in her beautiful white dress and Gage looks so studly in his little white suit. Man...I love these kidddos so much! We have been so blessed. It's hard to believe that we are all done with CPS and our family is complete (at least the adopting part)! It has been one heck of a journey but there truly is no more glorious moment than to see them in the House of our Lord. I look forward to Saturday and only wish that we could stay in the Temple all day with them. I am so grateful for my membership in this wonderful and amazing Gospel. It has blessed my life tremendously. I am grateful for the testimony that I have of so many simple and plain truths. I am grateful for a wonderful eternal companion who truly displays Christlike love. I am grateful for the Temple and for the opportunity that I have to go and worship and learn more about my Savior. I am grateful that I know that we can all belong to an eternal family. I am grateful for my soon to be complete eternal family!

6 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

I am so excited for you!! Wish we could be there!!

Casey Lu said...

Congrats! I am so excited that you and the kids will be going to the Temple this weekend! What kind of notes did you take? Morgan is a very picky eater! Dinner is a nightmare with her, lol. I would be seriously interested in some information on that too! Hope all is well! I miss playing Volleyball with you!

Castle Family said...

What a happy and exciting time for you and your family!!....you'll have to share a few key pointers about picky eaters. Meegan is the WORSTE!

heather said...

I am so happy for your family!!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

I am so happy for you and your family. Reading this post brought tears to my eyes, you are such a sweet mom.

Natalie said...

Yay!!! Oh, how exciting! It's just wonderful and incredible! I'm so happy for your family! :)