Tuesday, June 2, 2009

warning against canning butter

I finally made homemade salsa last night and canned it!  My sister was over for dinner and we had fajitas with chips and salsa.  She thought it was store bought!  Anyhow we all really liked it.  

This morning I was going to finish up some canning by canning butter.  Interestingly enough I happened to check a couple of different food storage/preparedness blogs and there was a post on this subject.  You can find it here.  Apparently canning your own butter is not safe.  Bet you can't guess what I will NOT be doing this morning!

4 comments:

Christine said...

The 13th works for me =) Can we go to the red barn?

Castle Family said...

good for you for doing your research! my sister in law had a preparedness class in her ward and learned how to can the butter, that's why we did it. I guess I will be careful :)

Rae Lynn said...

Sure, you'll just have to lead the way my dear!!!

Jenni said...

I will stick to store bought butter! Although I envy how dedicated you are to your canning!