Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a start!

This year when the backpacks went on clearance I wanted to buy one for each of the children to put their 72 hour emergency kits in.  Well, good old Walmart had them for $3 each.  Not the cutest but hey they were just what I was looking for!

I have stuffed each bag with the following so far:
* 3 puddings
* 2 pouches of fruit snacks
* 1 mini bubbles
* 1 bottle of instant breakfast
* 6 antibacterial wipes
* 3 6 packs of peanut butter crackers
* toothbrush
* travel sized kleenex
* travel sized hand sanitizer
* shampoo/conditioner (1 small bottle for all 4 kids)
* chicken salad with crackers
* 1 small box of raisins
* 2 cups of oranges
* 1 cup of beef a roni 
* 1 small box of goldfish
* 3 lemonade flavor packs
* 1 cup of applesauce
* 1 box of animal crackers
* 1 bag of doritos
* 5 disposable washcloths 
* 10 pouches of emergency water
* toothpaste (1 small tube for all 4 kids)
* 3 diapers and 40 wipes (Saige)
* 12 diapers and 40 wipes (Gage)

So I know that I need to add a couple of more things like pop tarts, oatmeal, utensils, cups, clothes and more food.  But I am so excited to get started on this project!  Now maybe I should put one together for Lonnie and I! :]

5 comments:

Castle Family said...

we did all of our kits for an FHE one night. Spent a fortune but hey, it's done right? I also put my back up photo CD's in mine. Just a thought :)

Jenni said...

Sorry for not making it tonight - I thought Chad got off of work at 6, turns out it isn't until 7. By the time he got home, I wouldn't be able to be at your house until like 8 - 8:15, so decided I better just stay home! Hope you have fun!

Amie said...

I got money for 72 hour kits as a gift. For Christmas. Last year. I just can't get myself started!! How did you start?!

Jenni said...

check my blog, i was blog hopping on some of your people...

...anywho, i figured out how to do the handwriting thingie!

Jeanerbee said...

What a great idea!