Monday, June 21, 2010

Unpacking vs. Packing

Well, I must say that it has been my experience that unpacking is so much more fun and goes way faster than packing does! Confused...don't be. We never heard back from Bank of America and they tried to auction the house for $406,000 (which is the amount the previous owner owed). Of course, no one bought it so it went to foreclosure. It should be listed anywhere between 2-6 weeks. Lonnie and I found another home that we put an offer in on too and we didn't get that one either. So, Lonnie and I have decided that we are just going to stay where we are. We have a beautiful home and will just do some adjusting to make it work. We will be adding garage cabinets, more shelves in the storage room upstairs, cabinets on the other side of the laundry room, cabinets in the bathrooms and whatever else we deem necessary! :) It kind of stinks not getting what truly was the house of my dreams but we have been so blessed and both of us really feel good about this decision. The unfortunate part is that now I get to unpack EVERYTHING that I packed up...like 30+ boxes of food! Oh, well at least all of the cabinets are all nice and cleaned out! :) Another great thing is once I clear out all of the boxes in what used to be the playroom I can set up the "real" schoolroom! I guess that I better go get unpacking!

5 comments:

Camie Walworth said...

How frustrating!! I love your attitude!! Think how organized you will be...

Jenni said...

you do have a great attitude about the frustrating situation!

your home is beautiful and hopefully by making the adjustments that you talked about, it will be the house of your dreams!

can't wait to see the new schoolroom!

Courtney said...

Just think after you unpack everything and organize it all it really will be like moving into a whole new house only much cheaper. Good Luck!!!

Chris and Michelle said...

Sorry about the house, Rae Lynn! You do have such a great attitude though. You are staying there for a reason!
I too can't wait to see the school room! Your decorating is always so darling I would hire you in a heartbeat if you lived closer...!
Good luck with everything! :)

Amie said...

WOW, I hadn't heard! That stinks Raelyn! Maybe next year, huh?!