Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Terrible Day

Today is an extrememly tough day for all those who have someone or know someone in law enforcement. I cannot believe what this world is coming to and how plain evil and cold people can be. I cannot even imagine what I would do if something like this ever happened to Lonnie. We know so many families of officers. Please pray for the family and for those that are working the case that they may find those who committed such a horendous act of murder. Lonnie knew the gentleman as he taught him a class in the academy. So I'm sure that we will be attending his funeral. It's the least we can do to show our respect. On a positive note, there was some justice today for Officer Cortez and his family. I personally knew his wife and he was a major influence on Lonnie joining the force. Again, please remember these families in your prayers and thank an officer for his or her hard work. Because these men and women truly never know if that day of "work" will be their last. May we come to realize who the real heros out there are.

5 comments:

Amie said...

So sad...this is why I don't watch the news. There was so much having to do with cops today...the killing, the domestic violence, and more. Prayers to his family!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry, I haven't seen/heard anything - my life has been crazy and hearing stuff like this just makes it crazier. Definitely sending prayers. May I ask what happened?!?

Rae Lynn said...

There was a Phoenix Police Officer that was murdered. There really aren't too many details out right now, but it is not good.

Teri said...

Its sad...and scary because of the details they have already its just ...sickening... Hug your hubby today!!! They have a dangerous job....I really dont watch the news much any more..but these things of course i hear about then I get news crazy and watch it all the time...I feel so uneasy knowing they havent caught the people responsible...There was a definate struggle..and more than 1 person involved...he was obviously caught off guard..and all of his weapons were out.just remember his family and officers in your prayers..I always tell my kids what happened (minimal details of course)so they remember the job is difficult and remind them to pray for the families...Its just part of our life...

Sher said...

It is so sad when those that work to serve and protect people get killed. I pray often for all those do dangerous work.