Friday, February 11, 2011

Chore Charts

I have been looking forever for a good chore chart....AKA one that will work for us.  With two children now able to read, but one of them still needing picture cues for a lot of things I didn't want to have to recreate one every so often.  So with a lot of time spent I am so glad to say that they are done! (Except for Gage's.)  Here's how they work.  Each child has two sets of cards that are different colors.  This one is Michelle's and the chores that are to be done daily are yellow and then she can do extra chores (the ones that are pink) to earn money.  We are also trying to teach the children about tithing and figured that they would need some sort of income so now seemed like the perfect time to implement this.  :)







7 comments:

Jenni said...

very cute!

please tell me that you have this saved somewhere on your computer, where i might be able to steal it?!

Chris and Michelle said...

Rae Lynn I LOVE these! I've been looking for chore charts forever with no success and just the other day I was thinking I really need to start my search again! Here they are - Rae Lynn to the rescue! These are such a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Did you just google clip art for the pictures? I love! Thank you!

Camie Walworth said...

I want your clipart...please share!!

hugs
Camie

Rae Lynn said...

I did get the clipart online. That in and of itself was time consuming, but yes that is where it came from. Then I cut some colored paper 4.5" by 2.5" and glued them onto an index card. Have fun and I can't wait to see your version! If you want, Michelle, I can mail you a copy of all of the clipart I used.

Rae Lynn said...

Okay, sorry Camie, just saw your post. I can mail it to you too if you would like!

Chris and Michelle said...

Rae Lynn you are the BEST! I would LOVE it if you could email me the clipart sometime! I think I have a few pictures I can use in a primary book but beyond that, you will save me tons of time. THANK YOU! My email is:
michellee2y@hotmail.com
...& there is no rush... I know you have your hands full!!

The Hertig Family said...

Please I would love to have your clip art too. I have been looking for a long time now for pictures and can't find them.

Can you send it to my email?
kimsgirl01@gmail.com

Thank you.

Sarah