Monday, September 22, 2008

We are a chosen generation

How many times have you heard this? I know that I've heard this all of my life and I never realized how true this statement is. Yesterday between Sunday School and Relief Society I had some really mixed emotions. I will first start off by saying how GRATEFUL I am for this gospel and to be a member of this church. I am grateful for a living Prophet and for the guidance that he receives on our behalf. I am grateful for our Bishop and his insight to this crazy world we live in. I am grateful for the privilege that I have to vote. (I have always been registered but I've never voted. You can bet that I will be voting this year.) I am grateful for the counsel to be prepared in all aspects of life, both spiritually and physically. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother. These beautiful choice spirits that are entering this wicked world are getting brighter and brighter. It is as if they already have the armor of God on and we just need to make sure that we keep it buffed and ready to go. I don't know about all of you parents out there but I feel that we have a tremendous obligation to these little guys. For me it seems that everything is getting really ugly really quick lately. Maybe everyone has seen this and I'm just now getting it. I truly believe that we are getting so close to the Second Coming. How wonderful and scary! I am overwhelmed with the amount of things that I need to do to make sure that me and my family are prepared. I am comforted to know that I am not alone and have many friends, family and ward family members that are so knowledgeable and willing to help.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

This world is ready for a change! Obama 08!

By the way...I love your new background!

Casey Lu said...

You are not alone! It is definitely coming soon and as you said it is exciting and a bit scary!