Friday, February 13, 2009

one year older and wiser too?

Yes, there is one more birthday in this lovely month of February, mine!  And what is pretty cool is that it is again on Friday The 13th!  The last time my birthday was on Friday The 13th was on my 16th Birthday!  Anyhow for the magical 27th birthday here are 27 things that I love and 27 things that I don't.

Loves and/or Grateful For:
1) my family
2) being a mother
3) softball
4) the Priesthood
5) photography
6) learning
7) a good laugh
8) the outdoors
9) that I'm still in my 20's (for a little while longer)
10) the Temple
11) the Gospel
12) a massage
13) going to the dunes
14) flowers
15) a clean house
16) staying home (most of the time)
17) watching my children learn & grow
18) the smell of wet dirt on a softball field (I know that this may seem weird but I'm not alone!)
19) Sea World
20) the beach
21) having a sister
22) being an aunt
23) being close to so many dear friends from my childhood
24) shopping for others
25) baking
26) adoption
27) trials

Don't Love
1) bugs
2) money
3) potty training
4) CPS
5) drugs and how they can ruin the lives of people
6) cancer
7) tests
8) grocery shopping
9) heights
10) seafood 
11) yogurt
12) speaking in public
13) working out in front of others
14) the texture of a banana
15) messes
16) the scary things that lurk in the ocean
17) "fake" people
18) weeds
19) being sick
20) being home alone
21) that missions are so long
22) when people are just handed everything in life and don't know the true meaning of having to work for what you have
23) how difficult and foreign Photoshop is
24) texting
25) cleaning bathrooms
26) bodily functions
27) when others have to suffer

All in all I have been extremely blessed in my life, especially this last year.  We have had some very scary and very amazing experiences happen.  I am so grateful for my beliefs and for the amazing power of prayer.  I am grateful that I have the faith to rely on my Father in Heaven and to know that He does know best.  I have been so blessed with some really awesome people in my life, both family and friends.  Here's to another great year!

6 comments:

Amie said...

happy happy birthday! My birthday is on the 13th too and our anniversary is TODAY so I've always loved Friday the 13ths! (we got married on a friday too!)

Castle Family said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Rae Lynn! Happy birthday to you!!!

Mama J said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope you get something Good! Eat lots of CAKE too!

Camie Walworth said...

Happy birthday!! Good luck tomorrow!!

JacksonFamily said...

Happy B-day Spring Chicken! Loved your lists!

Rich and Nicole said...

Happy birthday Rae Lynn! Hope you had a great day!