Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Love Hate Relationship

I had a very interesting experience today at the doctor's office.  It was kind of interesting timing but nonetheless a moment that I am grateful for.  I took Saige and Gage in for check ups and couldn't help but think of how big they are getting and how fast they are growing up.  It is during moments of reflection such as these that I am so grateful for my children.  I am grateful for the relationships that they have already established and I can say that I know that they knew they would be together in this life.  I am just so grateful that our Heavenly Father allowed us to be a part of these special children's lives.  As crazy and unpredictable as it is around here I would not trade it for anything!  

As many of you know, we have been having some real issues with Mason and his struggles lately. I love this little man more than words can say.  When having to deal with his struggles and trying to find out what the real problems are I cannot help but have some hate for his biological mother. I know that hate is a very strong and powerful word so please don't get me wrong.  I do not hate his mother.  Rather I hate her actions and the choices she made.  But yet on the other hand, had she not made these choices we would not have these little blessings in our lives.  

It is such an emotional roller coaster to have children that have been adopted and I think more so knowing their history.  It is so hard as a parent having to sit and watch your child and/or children suffer and struggle with simple things in life because of situations and circumstances that were beyond their control.  At times you feel completely helpless and all alone.  I am so grateful for Mason's Primary teacher.  She truly has been such an inspiration to me.  She is such a strong and beautiful woman who deals with what she has been handed so well.  I know that she must struggle daily and how emotional as well as physical it can be.  I am thankful for her help and her strength.  

4 comments:

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

I understand what you are saying...I've never been through the same kind of thing...but I do get what you mean. So frusterating...especially with someone so innocent and someone you love. It's kind of a weird thing if you really think about it. Anyway, got your message and am TOTALLY interested in pics. Email me directly with your email address and phone number and I'll get in touch with you soon!
kutejt@yahoo.com
Thanks Rae Lynn!!

Carrie said...

Thank you so much Rae Lynn for such a nice compliment!! As you know I feel much the same way as you do sometimes. Today was no exception! I took Noah and Ashley to a Demi Lovato concert. Noah was just out of sorts!! I do not medicate him over the summer unless we have plans of going out with somebody or if someone comes over. Today I should have, but I just wasn't thinking. He had been having a good day up until the concert, it didn't help that I was keeping it a surprise until I got there. I think that made it worse.(should have known better) hundreds of questions. Needless to say, we had a few crying spells, and tons of annoying behaviors!! Sometimes even though you can't help it, you just get so angry inside. The noise, the people, the lights, etc... was just too much for him and he was too much for me and Ashley. But in the end we had a goodtime. I sometimes still forget that some things can just be too hard for him to adjust to, even if you think it will be enjoyable. Oh well, I feel your pain. You know that I am here for you anytime!!

Tallona said...

RaeLynn,
Just as an FYI my undergrad and graduate degrees are in kids, early intervention, etc. I am most definitely don't know most of it and I don't know what problems you are having with Mason. But, I do have some knowledge and have access to people who are full of knowledge and are really well known in Arizona in the early intervention field. If you ever need anything let me know. tallonatwiggs@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

those kids are lucky to have u and ur hubby!!! love conquers all..i knw it sounds cheesy girl..but thats my motto.....ur love will get them thru any problem....they will grow and learn and seek the help they need n u, their parents....keep ur head up girl....ur an amazing person