Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Emergency Kits are DONE!!

A while back I assembled a 72 hour emergency kit for each one of my children. Today I finished one for both Lonnie and I. Also, I made our car emergency kits as well. One for Lonnie and one for me. Now all I have to do is get the clothes together for the 72 hour kits. Hopefully I can to that tomorrow. Just in case you would like to go get a couple at the Walmart in El Mirage in their bag section they have totes that are nice sized on clearance for $2. I purchased 6 of them. Two for the car emergency kits, one for the clothes for the girls, one for the clothes for the boys, one for mom's clothes, and one for dad's clothes.

In each of the adult kits there is: nutrigrain bars, pudding, beefaroni, applesauce, soup, craisins, tuna salad, trail mix, peaches, fiber one bars, granola bars, peanut butter crackers, (3) 24 ounce bottles of gatorade, (6) half liter bottles of water, (14) emergency packs of water, hard peppermint candies, jolly ranchers, wet wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush, deoderant, kleenex, hand sanitizer, pink lemonade sticks, LED keychain flashlight, hairbrush, vasaline, tums, spoons, forks, knives, poncho, fan, pen, paper, packs of gum.

In the children's kits there are: instant breakfast, poptarts, pudding, beefaroni, oranges, applesauce, chicken salad, goldfish, chips, animal crackers, peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks, raisins, hard candies, (10) emergency packs of water, kleenex, washcloths with soap, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, shampoo and conditions, bubbles, toothbrushes, spoon, fan, gum, diapers, and wipes.

In addition to having a 72 hour kit for each member of the family I am also working on assembling 2 family emergency buckets. They will house things such as a shovel, roll of paper towels, waterproof matches, toilet paper, dish soap, small stove with fuel, plates, bowls, napkins, cups, can opener, rope, duct tape, work gloves, trash bags, foil, hand sanitizer, washcloths, etc. That way we have a little bit more that just the basics of what is in our 72 hour kits.

A little side note when I was checking out the man asked if I was planning a beach trip (because of all of the totes I was buying). When I said that they were for 72 hour kits he said WHAT? I said they are for emergency planning. We are a peculiar people! :}

3 comments:

Castle Family said...

We have our kits done, but I should probably update diapers and stuff. We also have car kits :) Things like bottled water, gum, protein bars, diapers etc. Feels good to be prepared. I also have all my photo CD's in our 72 hr kits.

Amie said...

This is great! I've had money set aside for 72 hour kits since last Christmas (08!) and haven't had the guts to start. Maybe you can help me?!

Rae Lynn said...

I would be more than happy to help you Amie, not sure if I'm qualified but I can sure try! I will call you this morning to see about VT!