Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yummy Cinnamon Rolls

As promised I made these cinnamon rolls this morning and this recipe did not disappoint! Here it is and yes even Mr. Mason approved!!

Dough:
1 Cup Warm Milk (just heat up in microwave for 30 seconds)
1 Cup Warm Water
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Package Yeast (or 2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/3 Cup Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1 Egg
Flour (about 4 - 4 1/2 Cups)

Filling:
6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
Cinnamon

Icing:
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2-4 Tablespoons Vanilla

In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let sit until slightly bubbly (about 5 minutes). Add milk, oil, and egg. Mix well. Add 2 cups of flour and salt. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from the side of the bowl and isn't too sticky. Let dough rise in mixing bowl for 30 minutes. Roll dough on to a floured surface to make an approximate 9x13 inch rectangle. Spread melted butter on dough. Evenly sprinkle sugar over butter. Sprinkle cinnamon over sugar. Roll up like a jelly roll from long side and slice. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover and let rise an additional 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until rolls are nice and golden. Mix up frosting while rolls are just getting out of the oven. Pour icing over warm rolls and enjoy!

* A couple of things that I did different. First, I used powdered eggs. Second, this recipe made two pans of cinnamon rolls for me! Third, I doubled the frosting recipe because I had two pans of rolls. And last but not least for the second rising period I warmed my oven to 200 degrees and turned it off. Placed the rolls in the oven and cut down my rising time in half! Also I use my convection oven so I only had to cook them for 10 minutes.

I really did like this recipe. Have fun with it!

No comments: