Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tagged

So, one of my good friends Michelle tagged me! This is fun. You go to your photos and choose the fourth file and then the fourth picture in that file. Well...this is the one that it happened to be.

This is a picture of Mason when we first got him. It is always so humbling to look at pictures of this little guy's beginning in this world. He truly is a fighter. He was so frail and fragile. I remember my mom was so scared to hold him. I'll admit it when the workers left I was a little overwhelmed. I was scared that I might mess something up. What if his heart monitor went off in the night, or his oxygen ran out, or his pulse ox went off? Well to make a long story short he obviously is doing just fine. The only problems we really ever had was him always pulling out the oxygen and finding some way to take off the pulse ox. Thanks for the tag Michelle.

So...now I tag Claudia, April, Katie, and Jenni. Have fun!

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

You're good to play along, Rae Lynn! :) I remember when you first got this little guy and you brought him to the church on a YW activity night and you were sitting in the foyer with him all hooked up to the tubes and oxygen. I just remember how in awe I was of you and how confident you always were in handling such fragile little bodies. You're so wonderful with children, Rae Lynn, you always have been and have ALWAYS amazed me with your gentle, nurturing ways with these sweet little spirits whether they were your own or the family's sitting next to you in church. You STILL DO! What a precious gift! :)

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Oh this pic takes me back...I remember the first time I saw this little guy. I thought that my baby had it rough the first little while of her life...but hers was nothing compared to how hard your little guy fought! It makes me think back to when both my girls were on oxygen and feeding tubes....so sad, and yet we get through it and now you'd never guess that they had so many difficulties. Glad to see you're doing well Raelynn.