Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Gage!

I cannot believe that our little guy is officially one year old today!  That also means that one year ago Lonnie & I were getting ready to go somewhere and we received a call stating that the birthmother had had her baby and it was a little boy.  Also we were asked if we would be interested in taking him.  This was quite shocking because we thought that the baby was due in October and was to be a girl.  Anyhow...Lonnie and I talked about it and prayed about it and we obviously decided and felt that he was to be ours.  I will never forget what Lonnie said..."well if we get him I at least get to name him".  So daddy got to name one of the four children!  Just kidding...we talked about each one of their names, but Gage was Lonnie's idea.  

Now one amazingly fast year has gone by and we could not have been blessed with a better child. Gage is so well mannered.  He is the PERFECT baby!  I love his little smile!  He is always so happy.  I love the special bond that Gage & Mason already have.  I am so grateful for Gage and his sweet spirit.  I love the fact that he is such a mama's boy!  So fun!

Happy Birthday Little One! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Gage! I can't believe it's been a year. I just want to squeeze his cheeks! Yummy!!

Amie said...

how awesome! happy bday gage!