Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Lonnie!

Well, it's official. Lonnie is no longer in his twenties! Yes, that's right the dreaded thirties is upon him! I can't believe it. He was so young when we met. As I've told him several times throughout the years...it's time to move on! J/K I absolutely love this man. I am so grateful for him and for all that he does and sacrifices for our family. Here are some things that I love about the LONNIE DURHAM!

I love...
...the fact that Lonnie holds and honors the Priesthood and is always so willing to bless the lives of others with such a powerful gift!
...that Lonnie just had to wait until I was "legal" (18) before he would date me!
...that Lonnie was able to attend my High School Graduation. (Honestly, how many of you can say that about your spouse?)
...how much love and respect that Lonnie has for the people of Brazil.
...the perfectionist in him...most of the time!
...that Lonnie can and does talk to my girlfriends longer than I do!
...how worried Lonnie is about others.
...how genuine Lonnie is.
...his beautiful green eyes.
...how much he loves me!
...how much trust he has in the Lord.
...how much he loves the outdoors and truly desires to share this love with his children.
...that Lonnie was born in the 70's. It makes him sound so old!
...how Lonnie always tries to please me.
...his beautiful white smile.
...it when he helps around the house. He is so good and such a tremendous helper!
...how handy he is. Seriously...he could make anything and make it look good!
...how he trusts me to decorate our home.
...that he's completely happy with just hanging out together!
...that he lets me lay on his tummy.
...the fact that he is now officially a daddy!
...that I get to be his companion for all eternity!
...that he proposed to me at the San Diego Temple!
...that he can remember the date he proposed.
...that he cared to be involved in the decisions in our wedding.
...that he opened up his heart to so many beautiful children in foster care.
...that he is a superb example to our children.
...that he has always supported me in whatever it is that I may do.
...how he always tries to beat me in burping contests.
...that he let me take him out for a photo shoot.
...his passion for helping and serving others.

I hope that you had a great birthday babe! I love you so much and I am so grateful for you! I hope that your thirties are all you've hoped they would be!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

What a sweet post Raelyn. Happy Birthday Lonnie!! Don't worry the 30's scared me a little but they are great!

Jenni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LONNIE! And I agree, that was a very sweet post!