Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Remembering a Dear Friend

This morning I received a phone call from a gal that I used to work with.  Long story short, my dear friend, Mrs. Mercy Tellez, has been battling cancer for several years now.  I worked with Mercy for about 4 years right after I graduated from school.  She and I shared a cubical in the lovely legal department at the State Compensation Fund.  We shared several good talks about life, her children, finances, attorneys, and just plain everyday life and struggles.  She was one amazing woman.  She didn't need much in life...in fact all she ever wanted was for her family to be safe and healthy.  She was always thinking of others before herself.  She was one hard worker!  I love this woman.  The beautiful Mercy Tellez has probably passed on to a much  better state of being by now.  I did have the opportunity to see her this morning in her hospital bed.  She was surrounded by so many family members and friends who loved her!  I don't think that she ever truly realized the impact that she had on so many.  In somber times such as these I cannot help but to thank my Heavenly Father for the knowledge that I have and for the amazing blessings of eternal families.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to call Mercy Tellez my friend.  I love you Merc and I know that you are in a much better place where you will no longer have to fight each day and worry about what tomorrow has to hold.  I love you dear!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. She sounded like an amazing lady.