Monday, December 8, 2008

THNRBLT

Okay, so our tags are due this month for the van.  Lonnie really wanted to replace our license plate with the fallen officers one.  So...I did.  However, I thought that it would be neat to surprise him and customize the plate for our family.  When trying to come up with something I thought of many things...since I primarily drive the van I wanted something related to the Texas Longhorns, or perhaps something related to sports.  Anyhow, I came up with the idea to do something related to police work since Lonnie, his father, his brother, and his uncle have all served or are currently serving.  And yes, I do feel it appropriate to say they are serving!  Anyhow, I didn't want anything with our names on it so I came up with something else.  THNRBLT  This does have something to do with police work...it was Lonnie's class name at the academy.  

So the tags for the van came in a couple of days ago and I asked Lonnie if they mail the license plate or if I had to pick it up.  He said that it too should be mailed and not to stick the tags on the old license plate.  Really??  J/K  I asked him today if it takes longer for it to come if they have been customized.  He said, "You got it customized?"  I said "yes".  Well, what did you put?  THNRBLT  Needless to say he didn't get it until I wrote it down on paper for him.  He started laughing.  What kind of response was that...besides lame?  I told him that when I told his brother Brent that his response was "awesome".  Maybe Brent was the one I should have married!

6 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

That's funny... I'm sure he really is excited, you just caught him off guard. That was sweet of you! :) That's neat that so many of his family members are in that line of work -I didn't know that!
How's your sis? Can you believe she's already been gone a year?

Chris and Michelle said...

Sorry...I forgot to ask. Will you email me your address?
michellee2y@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Amie said...

turkey!

Amie said...

so...how do you say that? thin r blt? thinner built?

Rae Lynn said...

It's thunderbolt!

Teri said...

ooohhh harsh rae lynn!!! just smack him!! oh then you'll get the "you cant hit me its a felony" answer!! oh well smack him anyway :)