Thursday, January 15, 2009

"No, thank you. I would like water please."

Every Monday Michelle is sent home with the lesson plans for the upcoming week at her preschool.  This week they are discussing the letter "T".  One of the activities that they will be doing is making tea to drink with their snacks today.  I called and spoke with her teacher on Monday asking that they please do not give Michelle any tea as she does not drink it.  He asked if she had some type of medical problem such as high blood pressure that is causing her not to drink tea.  I advised him that no she does not have a medical problem rather it is a religious thing.  He then was okay with her not drinking the tea.  He was worried that she might be upset that she will be the only one not participating.  I assured him that she would be just fine with water and that I would speak with her about it.  So I sat down with Michelle and we discussed things that we do and don't put into our bodies.  I'm not sure she understood the entire concept but nonetheless, she does know that when they are having tea for snack today she is to say "No, thank you.  We don't drink tea.  I would like water please."  She has been practicing really well.  I really hope that her teacher remembers and that she stands up for her beliefs!  Who would have thought that we would be needing to discuss the word of wisdom so early.  

1 comment:

Amie said...

Thanks for letting me know, I sent a letter in with Ethan yesterday, but I guess I should sit down and talk with him about it too. At least Michelle won't be the only one sitting that activity out!