Thursday, January 1, 2009

8 Years...Can You Believe It?

This post is only a couple of days late.  Oh, well such is life.  Lonnie and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Monday!  It was a nice day.  Lonnie came home from work with roses (eight were red and four were yellow-pretty ironic) and the got some much needed rest.  That evening we went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  It was sooo good!  Just the smell of the hot butter was making me gain weight!  It is a very classy restaurant so we felt a little bit out of place.  In fact when we were first seated they asked if we would like a black napkin.  We weren't sure what that was for so we decided to play it safe and so no thank you.  Later we found out they were for your dark clothes so that you wouldn't get white lint on them. :)  Well, needless to say I don't think they saw my flip flops!  Anyhow, we enjoyed a very nice quiet dinner.  Afterwards we went to Fashion Square Mall and enjoyed some shopping!  

I still cannot believe that I have been married for EIGHT years!  Where has the time gone?  I am so grateful for such an awesome husband!  Lonnie is the best.  He never ceases to amaze me. He has one of the biggest hearts that I've ever seen.  I am so blessed and honored to be his wife. Thanks for putting up with me for so long!  Just think...our ten year is just around the corner I can't wait!

2 comments:

Amie said...

wow, faaaaancy! sounds like fun too. =)

Jenni said...

That is funny that you wore flip flops to that place :) Happy Anniversary!